The Belize Barrier reef, part of the Mesoamerican reef system, is the second largest and healthiest stretch of coral reef in the world.
The warm, shallow Caribbean shelf that borders Belize’s national waters was the second most perfect place in the entire world to make something so wonderful grow.
This tour provides 2 levels of accommodation with a similar experience across the options. Levels are:
Standard – Cozy accommodations with breakfast included and standard food options.
Luxury – 4 star or better accommodations with access to world class food options
Both options offer a unique experience for 2 on an island resort
|Philip S.W. Goldson International Airport
|Please arrive at least 1 hours before the provided time.
|1 day of fishing
|4 island stops
|Guided snorkel tour
The reef is much more than just a travelers attraction, it’s a mecca for sea life and keeps large waves at bay, dampening shore erosion and protecting little Belize from some of the effects of hurricanes. Proof that sometimes the innocuous can be essential!
Belize is home to over 300 small islands and since we’re shelling out numbers over 500 species of birds including seabirds. Many of these islands are part of or bordered by the Barrier reef. Charles Darwin would have been just as impressed by the diversity of sea life on our tiny reef islands.
Snorkeling and sometimes scuba diving will make your eyes hosts to a spectrum of natural colors and formations, as we all know, sea critters like to be pretty vibrant.
Bird watching through the mangrove patches and fly fishing on the shallow shoals are some of the most popular activities on our atolls, and if you just want to go swim in a place you didn’t imagine could be real then you need not look any further.
This itinerary offers a mix of adventure, relaxation, and cultural immersion, allowing you to fully experience the beauty and diversity of the Belize Barrier Reef through island hopping.
Day 1: Arrival and Island Exploration
- Morning: Arrive in Belize and transfer to your accommodation.
- Afternoon: Begin your island hopping adventure by visiting one of the small islands or cayes near the Belize Barrier Reef. Spend the afternoon snorkeling around the island, exploring vibrant coral reefs and encountering diverse marine life.
- Evening: Enjoy a delicious seafood dinner at a local restaurant on the island, soaking in the relaxed island atmosphere.
Day 2: Snorkeling and Bird Watching
- Morning: Continue your island hopping journey by visiting another island or caye along the Barrier Reef. Spend the morning snorkeling or scuba diving at different reef sites, marveling at the colorful coral formations and sea creatures.
- Afternoon: Take a guided bird watching tour through the mangrove patches on the island, spotting various seabird species and enjoying the natural beauty of the surroundings.
- Evening: Relax on the island’s beaches or enjoy a sunset boat tour around the reef, soaking in the stunning views.
Day 3: Fly Fishing and Cultural Experience
- Morning: Embark on a fly fishing excursion on the shallow shoals near one of the Barrier Reef islands. Enjoy the thrill of catching fish in the clear Caribbean waters while surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Afternoon: Take a break from the water activities and explore the cultural side of Belize. Visit a local village or cultural center on one of the islands to learn about Belizean traditions, cuisine, and way of life.
- Evening: Enjoy a traditional Belizean dinner prepared by locals, featuring fresh seafood and flavors unique to the region.
Day 4: Relaxation and Departure
- Morning: Spend your final day island hopping at a leisurely pace, visiting any remaining islands or cayes that you haven’t explored yet. Take time to relax on the beaches, swim in the crystal-clear waters, or simply soak up the sun.
- Afternoon: Return to Belize City for departure, taking with you memories of the stunning natural landscapes, rich marine life, and cultural experiences of the Belize Barrier Reef.